Old July 12th 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default drill/tap in frames

On 7/11/2018 5:39 PM, sms wrote:
On 7/11/2018 11:42 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote:

I put it there with cable ties ("wires") but
there was an annoying sound while riding
the bike.

You need a hose clamp. Wrap the tube with
handlebar tape to protect the paint. Also,
clamp on tape has a much higher co-efficient
of friction than clamp on hard surface.

I attached two bottle cages this way late in
the twentieth century, and haven't thought
about them since.

Good idea, I'll try that next. The hose clamp
is an underrated commodity when it comes
to bikes.

No it's not. It's an over-rated kludge.

Had you said 'inelegant' I would agree with you.

But, like Joerg's headset clamp, functional. I've seen many
ugly but workable stainless hose clamp repairs/upgrades on
customers' bikes over the years but never a broken one.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/