Old August 4th 09, 08:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Wayne[_2_]

Default ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker!

"Claudius Denk" wrote in message

How, exactly, is dead mountain-bikers an environmental issue? I mean,
how many of them could there be?

-
My take on the subject is that it is an environmental issue before the
mountain biker goes dead.

I hike in an areas where mountain biking is not allowed. However, this year
I had my first "encounter" with a MB asshole. He was going downhill very
fast on a no-bike trail, and almost ran over the two of us hiking downhill.
While helping him get his bike back on the trail, I made a rather polite
observation that I didn't think mountain biking was allowed on the trail.
His answer was that it isn't allowed....but no harm done because he was only
him...not a group.

Most likely, the trail will very soon have environmental impact.