Old January 10th 09, 12:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

Default Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

The 1-axle thing might increase our theoretical damage, but I think the
slower speed thing makes it actually much less.

As others have mentioned, cycle damage to trails is often just a
yelling point used by other groups who don't like mountain bikes on
trails because they go so fast and can more easily run into hikers or
spook horses. Since unis go slower, and more interesting to watch, I
expect anti-cycle-folks shouldn't be as hostile towards us.
-ro

--
rolandisimo