Old June 30th 18, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default quick ratcheting bar clamp

On 6/29/2018 8:36 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
AMuzi wrote:

But what is a dolly in this context?

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/profe...d-yourselfers/

OK, so the dollies are the pieces of metal to
form the fender/chainguard/whatever. Then yes,
I have dollies! Only not as fancy and not as
versatile as in that kit.

Amazing tho that the traditional ball peen
hammers aren't included, but perhaps they
assume people already have them?

The hammers look cool but two are identical
flats what I can see, and both are too pointy
for my purposes at their other ends, and the
all-blue looks wierd - what is it that you do,
with it?

The pick ends just have a smaller striking surface, the flat
ends larger.
Inside a mudguard, a ball pein has a good curvature for
typical dents. Flip bike upside down and use a dolly on the
outside. As with all panel beating, work gradually and don't
overdo it or you'll stretch the metal.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/