Old February 5th 05, 12:35 AM
Dave Thompson

Default How much does it realistically cost to ship a bike?

Paul Kopit wrote:
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:05:55 -0800, "Dave Thompson"
wrote:

is a *giant* PITA to properly prepare and pack a complete bike for
safe shipping.

I haven't had that much difficulty. If I can get the box with the
packaging materials that the original bicycle came in, it only takes a
few minutes.

I *don't* pack a bike with the original packaging materials. The bikes that
I've sold have been high-end and insured for a great deal of money. If
anything, I'll over protect it as I'm willing to spend the time to insure
that the person that bought my bike receives it in perfect conditon. And
rarely can I get a box that is the correct size for the bike I'm shipping.