Old March 9th 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Zefal Deluxe LED Light, 180 Lumens, Spot/Flood Zoom, Two-AxisMount. $21.96, includes tail light.

On 2015-03-09 7:21 AM, sms wrote:
This Zefal light would be a good starter light for Frank and others that
understand the need for a daytime flasher but that don't want to spend a
lot. It's similar to the this one: http://usa.zefal.com/lights/ but 30
more lumens and it's unpainted aluminum, not black painted.

snip

I've got a similar front light as a back-up, often carried along in my
backpack in case the Li-Ion for the big light runs out of juice before I
am home. They are indeed good "stay visible" lights.

I saw that Zefal light set at gulp Walmart. Whatever people think
about Walmart, I think it's great that they've decided to sell some
decent bicycle accessories. Zefal, Kryptonite, Kenda, and KMC, among
others. A lot of Walmart customers are simply not going to go to a bike
shop to buy stuff like lights, tubes, chains, etc.. Getting them to
spend even $21.96 on lights is difficult. Meanwhile Target wants to
become a boutique store and has a very poor selection of cycling,
camping, and sporting goods products.