Old December 30th 18, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Storing bottles

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 11:29:14 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

She almost fell
when we walked across a wood decked pedestrian/bicycle bridge. The wet
wood is just as slippery as ice.

As slippery as melting ice! Seems to be a thin layer of slime that
rehydrates in the rain.

My bike slid out from under me on the boardwalk, but after I'd got one
foot firmly on the ground, so I ended up standing over it. Since my
glassware was firmly packed, the only harm was that I'd left the valve
on my water bottle open and I didn't notice until half of it had run
out. I had another bottle, so the primary harm of that is that it
left a puddle on an already-slick boardwalk.

When I rode across the boardwalk, when I got to the part that zig-zags
up out of the swamp, I decided that it was time to dismount. Lost the
bike while trying to get my right leg over the top tube. It was easy
to step clear of the frame once it was flat on the boards, but that is
not my favorite way to dismount.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net