Old March 16th 05, 06:33 PM
Colorado Bicycler

One of the purposes af appropriate sentencing is to set an example of
what might happen to others if they also kill someone.

This guy had an amazing record of speeding tickets and other assorted
violations, and it appears he has his hand slapped for these offenses.
So it is not as if he this was his first time with this behavior, nor
that he had not been warned before.

What other drivers who might also be prone to participate in such
behavior see right now is that killing someone by speeding and reckless
driving is a very minor offense. They will not, IMHO, be deterred from
similar behavior by this sentence.

And, no, I am not suggesting the death penalty - that wuld be
ridiculous, and is likely outlawed in this stae in any case.

I think about 15 years in prison would be an appropriate sentence, and
would have a marked deterring effect on others.