Old March 16th 05, 06:38 PM
jj

On 16 Mar 2005 09:18:43 -0800, "Maggie" wrote:

I never expected you to understand the point of my argument.

How insulting of you.

I don't
know how I would react if it was NOT a crime with "intent" to kill and
it was a young person. I don't know if I would get satisfaction
destroying his life as well. IF HE HAD NO INTENT!!!

How is going to jail for 12 years (invol. manslaughter) going to destroy
his life more than going to jail for 1-3 years? He still has a record.

I submit he did have intent to disregard the safety of those around him by
driving not 10, not 20, not 30 mph over the speed limit but by driving 40
miles an hour over the speed limit. I suggest that if he were not drunk
then he certainly DID have a feeling that he could hurt or kill someone.
Let's do a test. You go out and drive 40 miles an hour over the speed limit
and see if you don't have such thoughts.

You must have had a personal incident that you thought was a youthful
indiscretion and the authorities did not agree for you to have such a
strong opinion.

I DO know how I would react if it was premeditated and with malice of
forethought. I would get revenge in any way I could. Even if I went to
jail for the rest of my life by doing it.

Oh, so it's about revenge then. You're just demonstrating that you have no
regard for the law, suggesting that criminals get off because there was no
intent and suggesting one take the law into their own hands.

jj

Let's agree to disagree. I will respect your view.
Maggie