Old May 4th 04, 06:41 AM
SniffinVinyl

Default Platform / Clipless Pedals Suggestion

"William Pughe" wrote in message
"Per Elmsäter" writes:

Simon wrote:
Anyone use clipless pedals with a platform surround? I want to use
regular shoes for quick rides around the neighbourhood. Any
suggestions?

Shimano sells a clipon platform that you clipon to a SPD pedal. You then
ride it with your normal shoes.

--
Perre

I bought one of these systems a long time ago, and quickly realized that
for quickie rides it wasn't worth the hassle of putting it on, and for any
ride that was long enough I'd rather just put on my shoes.

Having pedals with one side clip in and one side flat is good for a

commuter
bike.

Will

I had the same experience, and never really used the clip-on platforms.
Riding the bike is actually fine with regular shoes on my clipless pedals,
but sometimes I will also put on my old spd shoes which are not that stiff
in the sole if I end up doing some walking.

Sniffinvinyl
Remain sane, cycle your brains out . . .