Old September 21st 18, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Continental Ultra Sport tires

On 9/21/2018 2:40 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 01:40:46 +0000 (UTC), Theodore Heise
wrote:

Any suggestions are welcome.

What's your rim strip? I was a long-time Velox user until just this
summer when I switched over to FSA rim strips which are much thinner.
They make more room for the beads of the tires, rsulting in easier
installation and easier seating, especially with the tighter beads on
foldable tires.

I still use 1/2" adhesive tape on a lot of rims. I started doing it the
factory original rim tape caused three flats in one day during a bike
tour, and adhesive tape was the only thing available. But it worked so
well that I've used it many times since. It is thin, and surprisingly
strong.

--
- Frank Krygowski