Old March 18th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default Riders I meet

Michael Press wrote:

*Chalo wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

Frank Krygowski wrote:

I've never known anyone to take offense from an unsolicited greeting..

I'm taking offense to being told it's rude not to respond.

You're from NYC, right? *Taking umbrage is the traditional pastime
there, is it not?

Here in Central Texas it's customary to greet folks you encounter, and
reply when greeted. *But we won't hold it against you if you don't;
we'll just assume you're a Yankee.

Your comments would have weight if you had lived and
flourished in New York City. Rather than speaking from
knowledge you, repeat folk tales.

I have visited there many times since the 1980s. And each time I have
wondered, "whatsamatta wit dese people?!" They're brusque to the
point of rudeness even when they're being nice by local standards.
And they drive like they're on a cocktail of methamphetamine and
pepper spray.

To judge by the inhabitants of Manhattan, what it takes to flourish
there is thick skin and hypercriticality. So, thanks, but I'll be
happy to flourish in a proudly weird and overtly friendly place
instead.

Y'all probably wouldn't like it here, though. It's really hot.

Chalo