Old March 18th 09, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default Riders I meet

On Mar 17, 4:07*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:59:55 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
Yeah, cordiality is at the extreme end of the nice scale. I was
driving in Austin once and kept making all kinds of mistakes since I
was lost, the people behind me were being extremely polite and patient
to the point of being irritating. I felt that I needed to be curse but
nobody would do so. I needed some balance. I didn't want to be in NYC,
where I would have been shot and run over.

By population, where do you think someone is more likely to be shot --
NYC or Texas?

Don't know. Most people think that El Paso is really dangerous. It is
the second safest large city in the country after San Jose. Granted,
we ain't really Texans, nor we are Mexicans. But, with the love of
guns in Texas and all the gun shows, probably there is a greater
chance of being shot by another civilian in Texas. I wonder what the
chances are of getting shot by cops are. In El Paso they are pretty
bad. Between the border patrol, the sheriff's department and the
police department, we don't stand a chance.

Now, if you step across the Rio Grande into Juarez, you can get shot
by civilians, cops, the military, kidnappers, children, old ladies,
cyclists, dogs, cats and birds.