Old December 17th 17, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default learn by destroying

John B. wrote:

:I've never really found a place where a plastic faced hammer really
:fit. If you are just trying to get the damned thing apart a 2 lb steel
:hammer works nicely. If you don't want to make sparks then the brass
:hammer is nice.

:Wazza for da plastic :-)

Plastic faced hammers are useful for stricking all sorts of finished
parts. They dont' scratch, and they're less likely to dent a piece if
you hit it with the edge ofthe hammer. I've used them on paint lids,
copper pipe fittings, metal electrical boxes, and a ratchet. That's
just the last couple of days. Lots of uses on cars, too.

--
sig 78