Old April 19th 18, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default today's ride

On 4/19/2018 10:02 AM, wrote:

I understand that in some situations the looks of cycling specific clothes is not appropriate but thinking that a cut off jeans with all the seams and stitches and a cotton T shirt is more comfortable amazes me.

I agree, jeans are nowhere near as comfortable as decent bike shorts.

But I also agree there are times special cycling clothes aren't
appropriate. I've noticed that over the decades I've somehow gotten more
tolerant of riding in non-bike clothes. For riding to a meeting, going
shopping, etc. I'll often use normal street clothes for rides up to
about 15 miles. More than 15 miles, I'll almost always be in bike shorts.

OTOH, my wife prefers to change into bike shorts to ride even six miles
round trip to the grocery store. I'd like to get her some
normal-looking slacks that are comfortable for riding - say, something
with thin and slightly stretchy fabric. If anyone has any
recommendations, let me know.

--
- Frank Krygowski