Old August 3rd 20, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Handlebar bag with light mount

On 8/3/2020 9:59 AM, wrote:
Recently, I gave away an old Topeak handlebar bag when I sold my touring bike. A nice feature of that bag was a removable clip that attached to the bottom of the bag, which you could mount a headlight on.

The current Topeak bag that's most similar, the Tourguide DX, does not have that feature.

Are there other handlebar bags that allow mounting a headlight?

-- Paul

Some Carradice bags have light mount on the bottom, see the photo at
https://www.carradice.co.uk/media/mod_hikashop_magiczoomplus/magictoolbox_cache/acc33107b3e11efde1786ed4f95ff0c1/5/0/501/original/3170468424/keswickg-10.jpg

https://www.carradice.co.uk/bags/saddlebags/originals-keswick-handlebar-bag

The Zimbale bag I just started using does have a light mount, but it's
on top. I don't think I would want to mount a light on the bottom, even
if possible. First of all, it brings it too close to the wheel. Second,
the bag is canvas and the bottom is not going to remain level when you
load stuff in, though I could put a piece of plastic in the bottom if I
wanted it to stay perfectly straight. Third, I like a handlebar mount
light that can be moved from bicycle to bicycle using extra mounts.