Old August 24th 04, 04:42 PM
S o r n i

Yup, you can get a longer stem and/or one with a greater rise. You
can also look for a pair of riser handlebars if you're currently
running flat bars.

Im pretty sure they are flat bars. So a set of riser
handlebars might be an easier better fix than changing
stem out huh?

No, swapping out a stem is much easier than installing a new handlebar. To
switch to a riser, you have to remove grips, shifters & brakes -- and MAY
have to change cables if current ones are too short. (Also possible with
the new stem, but not quite as likely; plus at least the
grips/shifters/brakes can stay put.)

Any specific recommendations of a GOOD quality set of

Or, you could sell the Hab and buy a bike that fits. You'd certainly
take a $$ hit, but it's you'd have a bike that fits.

Yeah I thought of that as well.... just sell the bike
take my loss and buy another bike. Actually my main
form of riding is commuting to work.....so a Hab cross
bike might be a better "type" of bike for that huh?

How long a commute? Have you tried skinny "road-type" tires on your current
bike?

Swap that stem, change those tires, enjoy your bike.

Bill "go to an LBS if you need help w/changes" S.