Old August 24th 04, 05:23 PM

No, swapping out a stem is much easier than installing a new handlebar.

Ahh yes..... you are right. Thanks for head up!

How long a commute? Have you tried skinny "road-type" tires on your current
bike?

Swap that stem, change those tires, enjoy your bike.

Not very far commute really

And yes.... you are right i should just take it to LBS
and have them do it

Problem is Id have to take it to St Louis which is a
two hr drive south of here. I live in very small town
with no LBS

Do you have any advice on what brand/model stem to tell
local LBS to try/use?

This is a VERY high quality bike...and I don't wanna
cheap out and put a cheap stem on it. Plus.... do you
think the LBS will give me any credit for my old stem?

Also..... have any rough idea what it might cost to
have LBS do everything?