Old April 22nd 04, 06:00 PM
xavier

Default ) ATTN: eBay buyers in NW AR, SW MO, NE OK

You will always have to take %^$# from some shops. Just te nature o
business men. You are trying to make a living like them. They see it a
you taking away from them and they do not like that. So they will tr
and say anything to put you out of business

So many shops out there do not care about customers. Believe me.
worked in afew and not won a business and see all the sides. Many owner
are like little kids crying

So many shops love to charge people $35 for a tune up. Make them wai
days. Labor that should be done for much less and take a few minutes
Done in a day. So many shops want to charge full pop on everything the
sel. Anyone selling cheaper they start saying they do not suppor
cycling and community and such

Truth is I do not know of any shop that actually takes the time t
deal with local issues. It is always the riders and smaller clubs. A
least that is the deal here. All the shops that make lots of mone
the onwers never show up to work and they do not care about loca
issues. I have had shops wanting to chrage clubs to have an employe
come out to meetings to show people simple mechanics. Charge th
club, never for free

You will hoever find other friendly peope out there. Concentrate o
those. People will always compalin when you offer their customer
more. Because now they tand to loose or lower their prices and bette
their service

A have a good friend that has a very small shop. CVery small sales bu
he is alive because of his great service and knowledge. The rival sho
across town every year loves to take his accounts away and bike lines
He brought up Giant among others to the area and lost it last year. H
was angry at that but that is palying hardball. Now he has LItespeed an
other high end and I warned him to keep up with that or he will loos
that to the other shop next year. Hopefully companies see these. I
simply hurts consumers

So these shops cannot take aay what you sell but they can bad mouth yo
and make you look bad in front of your customers

Tehy do not even know you. Like me. Many love to flame my business bu
truth is a few online shops out there are fighting for consumer rights
We simply come out and tell you. Many do not know my cycling carrer, m
travels, my knowldge. Not ot mention my involvement in the past with al
the local clubs. Starting a MTB club that not only riders bt eals wit
many local trail issues, the local road club, all the have to do is as
and I bend over backwards. Not just a ****ty 10% off on overpriced part
and see you later. They do not know how tight things are financiall
here but I still sacrifice personal income to sponsor local events. No
a single shop around here does half of that. So question that

-