Old June 4th 04, 07:10 PM
Roger Zoul

Default CycleFest is coming - 6/13/04 Bethel, CT

Maybe they would rename this to JellyFest!

pete salomone wrote:

:: EVALUATION
::
:: Brochure - I never saw a brochure, but there was some good
:: information on the Hat City Cyclists website.
::
:: Routes - good. Excellent terrain if you like hills, lakes, rivers.
:: Some roads had too much traffic; others too many potholes. It's not
:: necessarily easy to find alternate roads
::
:: Intersections - excellent. Well marked with at least one warning
:: mark, a mark at the intersection, and a mark after the intersection
:: plus many straight arrows indicating the route.
::
:: Cue sheet - good. No map - not so good, since a map gives you the
:: option to pick a short cut if you are tired, it starts to rain, etc.
::
:: Rest stops - good. Great jelly donuts. There was a good selection
:: of bagels, cookies, fruit, but an alternative drink to water or
:: Gatorade would be appreciated. Shouldn't run out of bagels. Great
:: jelly donuts.
::
:: Sags - excellent. Sag wagons were all over the route.
::
:: Value - excellent.
::
:: Conclusion - I'll be on this ride next year looking for jelly donuts.