Old November 25th 12, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default breathable/waterproof jacket

I paddle in this suit at 75 degrees air temp 45 degrees water....15 minutes in 45 the body chills out to hypothermia, dead in 45 minutes. I fall in n I stay warm. At 75 I'm warm but not uncomfortable. GoreTex !

http://www.kokatat.com/activity/sea-...ipper-men.html

The poly coat is amazing...so inexpensive but no sweating inside the rain gear just warm as cold rain pours down. I dunno abt cycling tho..the heat and moisture output is high abt 3-4 times higher than paddling yawl need a highly vented jacket with a breathablke 'roof' surface eg the shoulders and hood or hat. depends on your physiogamy, how hard you ride, how cold average air temp with rain...but for $49 give it a try.

Gore gloves also designed for skiing best bought in June when Cmor gives em away.

Camping GoreTex is a trip. Cold rain, windy, you're dry warm while the world drips.