Old December 7th 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default breathable/waterproof jacket

outstanding ! doahn crumple it up or wash with detergents in a machine.

search for: Outdoor Research - hats....the Sombrero is standard NW equipment n try a ski mask. Roll it mup into a watch cap or down for COLD. A light one.

Kokotat is a supportive company...K supports the sport from Arcata which is college for timber cruisers and mostly underwater.

The suit startles tourista...like launching my yak which is 18' and full expedition into 40 degree water before a bus full of tourista really blows them away as off course I doahn feel no cold. And yakkers around the Aleutians doahn feel no cold either not thru the suit. With a Polar tech fleece underwear, you ar comfy floating amid icebergs. Where you would be dead in 10m minutes without the suit.

I bought mine on sale from REI plus a 20% discount.

Sea kayaking on the adventurous level is a lot like hanggliding or avalanche backcountry skiing ceptin locally we have the Coast Guard and GPS Help alarms.

But totally slightly more than hi end CF.

When at the limit, yakking is decision action decision action......with an occasional surprise...never turn your back on the asphalt...