Old March 14th 05, 10:58 PM
Paul Kopit

On 14 Mar 2005 13:59:19 -0800, "Dane Bramage"
wrote:

Not looking for a racing bike - rather something to take out for on day
rides of 100+ miles at a quicker pace, and preferably a more
comfortable ride than I'm used to.

Any thoughts? Thanks if you have them.

I do long rides. Lots of them.
http://www.caltriplecrown.com/Fame.htm#PK I have done most on
Cannondale CAAD frames because they are most comfortable for me and
inexpensive. I just bought an older, steel, SLX braze and lugged
bicycle and will be using that for my efforts. It's like riding a
spring. I also had a Cannodale touring bicycle but I never did more
than centuries on it. I don't remember it as being particularly
comfortable. The weight of the bicycle is not really a major
consideration. Anything that's 21 lbs will be fine.