Old July 20th 03, 07:42 AM
Bernie

Default Help please Carrier

Kevan Smith wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:44:27 -0700, "RobD" from ntlworld News
Service wrote:

This all seems a little off question, and vague as to the point or comment
you are trying to make!

Are you anti the use of bicycles in regard to an alternative means of
practical transport?

No. In fact, I am pro the-use-of-bicylcles-as-sole-means-of-transport.

As for saftey my sons head is probaby as safe as mine at 6 feet of the
floor.

Not if he's an infant. Child's skulls take a few years to "knit" together.

We do wear cycle helmets, and im keen to set a good example by wearing mine
on any bicycle ride no matter how short.

Well, la ti da, Reverend. I hope your foam hat is at least stylish, because it's
not worth the money you pay for it in terms of protection.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace
As President I have to go vacuum my coin collection!

Kevan
You may make any comments about my cycling abilities that you wish, BUT
twice I have my crashed my 700c hybrid. Both times it was because my front tire
did not overcome a very shallow curb. Last time was very recent, won't go into
details, but it resulted in myself going to ground at about 20 mph/ 30 kph. I was
wearing a fairly tough (in appearance) BMX rider style helmet, tight fitting, simple
construction, outer shell is a layer or two of fibreglas, firmly bonded to the inner
core. Chinstrap fits so tight I can't snack on oatmeal bars while rifing. Not like
most that I find in major shops with a loose plastic outer shell, not bonded to the
foam, and very crisp and light foam inner. (Won't slag any brands)
The one I have is from Norco and I believe they are/did phase out. Bought it at MEC
for $13 CAD. It don't look good any more due to scrapes, but I am keeping it. I
do not believe the integrety of the helmet has suffered, and I like it. My face
would be a mess right now if I was not wearing it. Won't tell you it "saved my
life" ok?
Just my 2 cents worth about the value of a helmet.
Do what YOU like! Canada is allegedly a free country.
Bernie