Old August 14th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:48:47 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Up here in Sacramento they would but you'd first have to get in a more
biz-friendly legislature and that ain't gonna happen.

The entire trouble in California is the excessive taxation. The Federal government is nearly as bad.

In California businesses are moving out so fast that in at least one location I've seen three businesses move in an out in the last year. People with money are leaving in droves. Even Elon Musk, the liberal hero, built his battery plant in Nevada because he couldn't possibly pass the "environmental" regulations in California. In most other places in this country it costs 1/3rd to 1/2 as much to live. On the house flipper channel my wife watches a 4000 foot house on two acres cost the same as a 2000 square foot house on a lot where you can look in the windows of your neighbor on every side. A house in Plymouth, MA, less than an hour from Boston twice the size of my home on a big lot is half the price.

You want business growth in the US - stop preventing it by excessive taxation. Here they have added an addition tax every year for the last three years to "fix the roads" and still haven't done anything more than patched them in the most egregious places.