Old August 15th 17, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:46:23 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 8/14/2017 10:55 AM, Joerg wrote:

We pay over $4k/year just in property taxes. That is about 10 (ten!)
times more than what we paid for a house of similar value in Europe. And
yes, I do expect something in return for that much money. Such as bike
paths.

Yet the net tax burden is less in the U.S.. And California property
taxes are less, as a percentage of the property value, than many other
states. California is 17th lowest.

The ONLY way they can get away with this is because of the tremendous tax base. But that ain't going to work for long with the people with money leaving California.