Old September 2nd 17, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

On 9/2/2017 10:00 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 7:44:58 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Thanks. Tyrfil is what Andrew brought up and I'll contact them next week.

I'd like to have a similar firm tire behavior as if it was pumped up
with air to 110psi. Riding comfort isn't very important, durability is.

I'll give you a prediction - you'll discover that weight is a big problem and that you can't get the tire to properly stay in place.

Weight isn't a problem for Joerg- he said that already.

Weight's also not a problem for a frontloader on a
construction site strewn with nails screws and various
pointy things.

The tire foams and internal urethane coats for the
construction and medium weight equipment industries not only
don't interfere with tire mounting, worn tires have to be
cut from the rims as normal demounting is impossible.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/