Old September 13th 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Several Jobst Juniors

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 10:38:29 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 9/13/2017 10:19 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

As far as being Marxists, let's compare tax payments versus benefits received. I'm receiving nothing from the government except for the usual infrastructure enjoyed by all citizens. I'm paying a staggering amount of taxes. I received my first pay-check with SS/FICA deductions when I was 15 and have been working continuously every since -- except I took my first semester off during law school. I have 178 quarters of SS earnings -- you need 40 to qualify for SS/Medicare. I'm a total cash-cow for the US of A, not including the payments made by my employees. Ka-ching! We're keeping you and Social Security/Medicare afloat. Thank us all profusely.

Enough already Jay! Take Mark Twain's advice to heart: "never argue with
an idiot, onlookers wont be able to tell the difference."

Too true. I'll also try not to chase other riders or feel bad when I get dropped. I could improve in so many different ways. Maybe I'll get hypnosis -- the TV commercials are pretty persuasive.

-- Jay Beattie.