Old May 31st 09, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default The pleasures of illegal cycling

I had completely forgotten the pleasures of illegal cycling! Leaving
aside the dragging disc brakes (until I cleaned them of crud with a
few sharp stops) and the small smear of chain oil on my shorts, I
rediscovered the delights of zipping along into wind at 20mph, rolling
along a smooth road at 30 and the extra space form the "WTF???"
factor. I only once wished I'd remembered to charge the Air Zound,
when Mr Audi 2 decided that because Mr Audi 1 decided it was safe to
cross to the other side of the road to go past roadworks because,
being a cyclist, I am either stationary or of zero width, so it was
also safe for him to do so. But ******* in Audis are a constant, and
I suppose one should not tabulate constants.

I especially enjoyed, after a couple of years of Bromming, the 27
usable gears, albeit with a touch of diplomacy betwixt me and bike
when selecting the outer ends. And oh, the comfort! Apart form the
legs, which reminded me forcefully when ascending a long hill that the
Brom uses subtly different muscles. Breathing is so easy, though,
which is great for an asthmatic.

I will remember to get the illegal bike out more often this summer, I
think! And now, an ice-cream.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/