Old September 27th 18, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default Buy that wheelbuilder a drink!

Jeff Liebermann:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 10:52:11 -0000 (UTC), Duane wrote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/24/21/4517082-6202141-One_man_was_spotted_in_despair_after_his_car_was_b adly_damaged_b-a-200_1537819759698.jpg

The tire doesn’t look flat to me. Not even on the bottom.

Try looking at the original Daily Mail photo.

The original, original photograph is more than a year older. Despite some
larger file sizes from around May 2017, not much difference when enlarged,
IMHO.

Here's a 4X enlargement
of the tire contact area:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/fixie-crunch-02.jpg
It might not be flat, but rather the weight of the vehicle might be
pushing down on the rear wheel. Or, it might be an indication of a
Photoshop edit.

Good luck finding out more...
http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php

The tire doesn't look quite right to be a flat tire,
which would show parts of the tire pushed outward to both sides of the
contact area.

Lack of flattened tire visibly pushed outward might be explained by
relatively wide rim or the plasti-car not only pushing down, but also
pushing the rim a bit to starboard.

However, I'm not familiar with that style of rim, so I
don't know how the tube and tire will act when flat.

+1.