Old July 11th 19, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Alarm lock

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:25:44 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:05:35 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

Bought this today at a "mom and pop" hardware store. At $13, I thought the price was quite reasonable.
Searches for it lead me to believe the company is no longer in business though.
https://imgur.com/a/mHSoIA5
It has an alarm built in that detects movement a certain number of times and then sounds a 110 decimal alarm. Resets itself etc.
It uses 9 LR44 batteries which last around 2 years.
I think it is closer to 90 - 100 decibels.
What do you think?
Andy

Adding an alarm to a bad lock does not magically make it a good and
secure lock.

"[505] Chinese "AlarmLock" Picked Without Triggering Siren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9kh5Guz6M

"[507] AlarmLock Revisited... With a Hammer!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzb74kzFAIs

The "lock picking lawyer" is quite good at picking, bypassing, and
destructive entry.

Duh. I just noticed another problem. The pot metal lock case does a
fairly good job of blocking the high frequency beeper sounds. So,
holes in the lock case are needed to make the beeper heard. All that
is necessary to silence the beeping is plug up the holes with putty or
wrap the holes with a towel. It could be beeping away merrily and
nobody would hear it while I pick the lock.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D