Old January 19th 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On 1/18/2017 5:45 PM, jbeattie wrote:
With that said, I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get my studs to bead. Getting them on the rim is no problem at all, I just have to beat on them to get them to seat properly. But then the whole act of snow riding around here is an act of self-abuse, so beating on the tires is just kind of a warm-up. But I will not endure that sort of abuse just mounting an every-day tires.

Studded Nokian Hakkapeliittas (700x32-5ish) seat really easily, wear
long, and have great grip. I broke down and bought a set a few years
back and have never regretted it; life is too short to ride crappy tires.

Mark J., 50 miles south of you (where ice is less frequent, and the
commute is flat.)