Old January 21st 17, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 10:49:39 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 3:56:44 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
JB. .... are discs easier adjusting to 'just right max stop max control' than rim brakes ?

There is no adjusting hydraulic brakes -- apart from lever travel and changing pads. Cable discs are more like rim brakes in that you can adjust the pads closer or farther from the rotor. Assuming you have a super straight rotor, you can set the pads too close, and they can wear to the point where you run out of lever travel before the bike stops. Cable discs are more fussy than rim brakes, but I still prefer them for wet weather riding.

-- Jay Beattie.

AAA

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/rec.bicycles.tech/Jay$20Beattie;context-place=topic/rec.bicycles.tech/zlhfIcRnLx4

I dunno about 'I still' but take a look thru these meanderings for a skeleton of fluent information then tack in road stories illustrating the concept as maintenance ride epic McManus failure repair and off course VICTORY AGAINST ALL ODDS ...

with some stuff abt you n the California boys down at the Mill Stream

good for a film