Old October 14th 11, 01:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

Default dunlop

On 13/10/2011 12:24 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

(Not that I disagree with the general idea that cheap bikes are ridden
by cheap people.)

Oi! I resemble that remark.

I hold to the belief that an inexpensive bike, properly serviced and
maintained can give away very little to something costing hundreds more,
in terms of ridability and longevity.

Setting up a new cycle computer this morning ($17 Aldi special) I
noticed that the odometer on the old computer on my $80 GVBR blue bike
is showing 6321 ks. OK, I've added a $50 seat, and $80 tyres and a $50
set of levers, but it's still going strong, and will take me through the
Great Vic ride again this year.

I might take the orange ex-Aust-Post panniers off first....

BTW Since I don't ride at night much, I didn't bother with the $30
superbright rechargable LED headlight (with helmet and handlebar
fittings) on offer at Aldi.

Moike