Old October 24th 11, 02:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

Default dunlop

On Oct 13, 1:07*pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

thefathippy wrote:

And as for hub dynamos - bah! ;^P Give me my battery powered Ayup LED
lights any day ...err. night... (much more than $30, though).

My SON hub and IQ Fly give me the same as my friend's AYUP give him.
Except I don't have to remember to charge the battery.... *

The Shimamo on the Brom is powering a halogen light which is a bit
on the woeful side but is good enough for street commuting which is
what it does. *I will eventually get an LED for it, but not till the
bulb blows. *

I"m well over faffing about with batteries.

Zebee

hehe - I went with batteries (and making my own lightsets) after being
done faffing about with dynamos!

To be fair, it was a long time ago, and I'm sure they're better now,
but I was getting less light than a burnt match going uphills, and
blowing bulbs going downhills. I would have brilliant light for a
poofteenth of a second, then blackness. ;^)

Tony F