Old October 6th 17, 11:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Best Road Saddles

Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:46:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Which saddles do you find most comfortable for long fast road rides?

After prolonged research into possible replacements for my
spectacularly-worn Avocet WII, I went to the local bike shop and
bought the only woman's saddle in stock.

That saddle is starting to unravel now. I'd better check to see
whether they have *any* woman's saddle.

Back in the late twentieth century, my local bike club was about half
women, and often a majority of the officers -- except for the muddy
chairman -- were female.

I haven't seen *any* female club riders in the last fifteen years, and
I'm the only female cyclist on Usenet. Wha' Hoppin?

Our club was 37% women this year. It usually ranges from 25-35%. 3 out of
the 9 officers are women this year. Going through the history of the club,
women served as president about 40% of the time. Judging from what I’ve
seen of other clubs around here we’re not unusual.

--
duane