Old May 18th 06, 01:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default My latest whinge...

Vincent Patrick wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

They're a much better
lifestyle choice in Australia than continuing with science, where you're
expected to work 12-14 hours per day on sh!t pay just to get a **** poor
grant next time around.

Bah, you are lucky! When I were a lad, we used to dream of such luxury.

Ah, and it's so hard to get anything other than contract work. How I
long for the days of mad physicists in lab coats working in mysterious
hidden laboratories...

Whatever, I'm going to go into science communication. If you can't fight
them, join them.

Is it because we're creating immature school graduates these days
who can barely wipe their own bums...

Ay, oh ay. And you try and tell the young graduates of today that, and they
won't believe you!

It makes me sick. I see how little people get from their educations,
just a few years after I graduated, and I wonder how much I got ripped
off - if I'd been to uni a few years earlier, would I too have gotten
more out of it?

This thread has not only become a bit philosophical, but is way off
topic. It is interesting, though, that there are so many IT or PhD types
on this list.

Are there? I thought there were just cyclists

Tam

For your information, there's a lot more to cyclists than people think.
Cyclists are like onions. Onions have layers. Cyclists have layers. Get it?
[sighs]

Yep, layers of lycra and superroubaix that protect us to a very minor
extent from road/trail rash... oh, you were being philosophical?

With apologies,

Vince

Waiting for: "TimTams! Everybody loves TimTams! TimTams have layers."

Mmmmm...

Sorry, gotta go get some chocolate...

Tam