Old May 18th 06, 01:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default My latest whinge...

SteveA wrote:

The young bloke who is my nextdoor neighbour has a BSc, PhD, MBA and
BMW 320i (a recent wagon model)*. Switched from a job doing research
at uni to being CEO of a private company developing medical technology.

He spends a lot of time overseas chasing financial backers for his
company because there is bugger all financial support in Australia.

*indicates a scientist who is doing OK financially (but he can't be
doing that well because his bikes are nowhere near as good as mine
)

SteveA

Yeah, Australia is not known as the greatest place for entrepreneurial
capital or research expenditure.

Go on, rub it in about the bikes. Makes you wonder, though, what sort of
bikes he might be riding if he hadn't spent so much time doing the BSc, PhD
and MBA. The real issue is whether your neighbour is doing what he enjoys
(I hope so).

The youngish guy who has a small parts distribution business next to where I
work doesn't have a PhD, but owns a recent model Porsche. I don't own a
Porsche but have a road bike, so I reckon I must be doing better. :-)

Cheers,

Vince