Old November 22nd 04, 03:29 PM
susan

Jym Dyer wrote in message ...
=v= Check out this bizarre Op-Ed piece in the _Daily_News_:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/idea...p-217248c.html

=v= I did a web search on the author and found that she's head
of one of those anti-environmental junk science groups. Hence
her dismissal of the dangers of toxins and carbon monoxide, etc.

=v= What's bizarre is that her idea of a "real" risk is being
run down by a bicycle. This in a tabloid newspaper that has
a seemingly unending supply of lurid stories and photos about
cars and SUVs running down pedestrians! I think she comes off
as a real idiot by freaking out over bicycles.

=v= I do of course think it's hazardous and wrong to operate a
bicycle in an unsafe manner, but to call this THE "real" risk
is really kind of loopy.
_Jym_

You tell my friend, the mother of a 17 year old boy knocked down by an
unlit bicycle riding on a pavement in the dark when her son was
knocked down, fractured his skull and subsequently died that there is
no risk from bicycles. Cyclists seem to think they can be both
pedestrians and motorists. We need more cycle lanes to give them
their own place to go.