Old March 20th 13, 03:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
James[_8_]

Default Roads are dangerous = need more bike farcilities

rant

Why is it that whenever someone says "I don't feel safe riding on the
road." the *fix* people come up with is to paint more lines on the road
and build more shared paths - to segregate bicycles from other vehicles?

When will someone have a light bulb moment and think, if we made the
roads a safer place to ride, we wouldn't need to spend time and money on
ineffectual *fixes*?

Educate drivers and riders better on rules, regulations and rights.

Penalise drivers who cause injury to bicyclists, where the penalty is
geared to the injury. I.e. 6 months unable to ride = 6 months license
suspension.

Offer and promote more cycling proficiency programs to educate and make
better cyclists.

/rant

--
JS.