Old September 3rd 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default what size is a typical axle nut?

On Sep 2, 4:31*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
just curious, stopped to help a lady the other night with a flat but I
couldn't because neither one of us had a wrench for her nutted axles. *I
think the last time I had a bike without QRs was probably the X-mart BMX
I had as a kid. *13mm or other? *I don't carry any wrenches at all
because anything requiring a wrench on my own bike is likely not going
to get fixed at the side of the road. *Was thinking of throwing a cheap
wrench in my toolkit just for future incidents like this. *I know it's
silly but I just can't resist anything mechanical and busted.

I used to carry a 14/15 cone wrench - not for impressing the babes,
but for adjusting a brake caliper that liked to slip.