Old December 21st 09, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
thirty-six

Default Equestrian helmets as bicycle helmets?

On 20 Dec, 17:27, landotter wrote:
On Dec 19, 1:43*pm, " wrote:

Hello,

Have any of you cyclists used equestrian helmets as bicycle helmets?

If you're offended by the look of bike helmets, don't wear one and
avoid falling down. Thousands of Danes do this daily.

Heres' a link that has some equestrian helmets;http://www.troxelhelmets..com/

I'm really impressed with their stylish looks. However, I wonder if
their skull-protection equal is to bike helmets?

Bike helmets aren't very good helmets to begin with due to their need
to be lightweight. An equestrian helmet might be of value for someone
doing lower speed winter biking in ice and snow where the chance of a
topple is a bit greater. Still won't save you from being stupid.

and keep your head warm.