Old March 18th 14, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

This IS important. What you are doing is simply stating your

prejudices despite the fact that there is no data to back them up. I am
not going to let you get away with such poor argumentation. If you say
something is the case then I am going to ask you to justify it objectively
because, otherwise, you repeatedly spout nonsense in the hope that no-one will
actually call you on it.

Edward Dolan wrote:

99% of all phenomena under the sun never gets reported. It is
only deaths occur that you get some attention from the media. I am reporting
what commonly does not get reported elsewhere. It is personal stuff based on
experiences by individuals who have no ax to grind except their unpleasant
encounters on the trails.

It may well be. Still doesn't mean that it's the majority experience or common.

It is common enough so that I get dozens of reports of injuries and deaths every day crossing my computer desktop. I don’t bother to post them because they are all due to the same cause – biker error!

Blackblade is devoid of common sense, but his main problem is
that he does not like anything that runs counter to what he wants to do, namely,
to ride his bike on hiking trails. Too bad for for him there are so many that
object to what he wants to do. Everything I say is backed up by thousands of
reports from actual experiences. These experiences are numerous enough and broad
enough to count for much more than any so called "data" - whatever the hell that
is.

I'm the one who is willing to compromise based on circumstances. You're the one who can't even countenance a bike on the same trail as you in case it disturbs your, clearly fragile, equilibrium.

Your “circumstances” don’t interest me. The fact is that there is an irreconcilable conflict based on what the different modes of usage are DOING on the trails. The only compromise I am willing to make is that cyclists get their own trails far removed from any hiking trails. I have several times recommended that ski resorts would be ideal for devoping bike trails. It would be ideal because no one but trash people ever frequent ski resorts in the first place. Bikers would fit right in with that crowd.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great