Old March 24th 14, 09:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

So, you HAVEN'T got any data to backup what you say
... yet again. And, apparently, rugby is only dangerous if you play it to
an extreme level ! Do tell me what extreme rugby encompasses
please.

How many rugby players ever get killed from their ****ing
stupid sport? No many I venture to guess. How many mountain bikers ever get
killed from their ****ing stupid sport.? More than a few - I KNOW!

About 71 in the last century. But the risk of serious injury is much higher than for mountain biking ... which is only 1.54 per 1,000 exposures (http://emj.bmj.com/content/early/201...6991.abstract).

No Ed, to refute something you have to actually

provide some evidence .. not just waffle.

The reports are numerous enough and broad enough to constitute
evidence. I wonder how many times I will have to say this before it sinks
in.

You have to provide objective evidence ! Do so, and I'll take notice. All you have is personal anecdote which, as I've said until I'm blue in the face, means nothing unless you know what percentage of the trail using population it represents.

Here is some more evidence from your neck of the
woods:

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co....untain_biking/

Fears over dangers of mountain biking

Just read the bloody thing before you post ... there has been a massive rise in mountainbiking so, unsurprisingly, there is a rise in incidents. Duh !