Old May 2nd 14, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Where did I say that all was sweetness and light Ed

? I said I, emphasis on the I, had experienced no conflict whatsoever in
three years.

Edward Dolan wrote:

The only one who is an anecdote here is you. I am presenting
the overall big picture. You are stuck in the mud.

Fine Ed, if you are presenting the overall big picture what, overall, is the percentage of rides where conflict occurs ? Don't know ????

Nobody does – what an Asshole!

We already know that the fatality rate is, at max, 0.00123 per million miles travelled and that the injury rate is 1.54 per thousand exposures. It is, overall, relatively safe.

Miles traveled means nothing to me nor do any numbers of injuries and deaths to mountain bikers. What matters to me is how bikes on trails effect the mental attitudes of hikers. As usual you are always out to lunch on anything and everything that truly matters. Even so, my reports of accidents, deaths and conflicts are all the information that any sane person ever needs.

So, if you think there is loads of conflict, please do give us the OVERALL picture ... because, as you should know, if what you have is a small handful of incidents against millions of rides then OVERALL we are looking at there not being much conflict.

The overall picture is that bikes on trails ****es off hikers for all the reasons that these threads have explained over and over. Go back and read them from the beginning. Do not pay any attention to your remarks as they are always off the issue. Read only my remarks. In fact, memorize them. That way you will finally learn something worth knowing.

Or is all this too much for you ... and you would far prefer to collude with the other monomaniacs and believe that mountainbikers are a major issue afflicting the world ?

Mountain bikers on trails are a major issue effecting only hikers and equestrians. If looks could kill, they would all be dead as soon as encountered.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great