Old September 8th 17, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Taya Chain

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 6:36:10 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 08:09:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 5:11:09 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

I think that you are confusing reality with your own fantasies. In
years past I have worked with two engineers who had worked in the
automobile industry. They both said the same thing, that the major
effort in the motor industry was to "make it cheaper".

Gee then it must be the government forcing manufacturers to make cars safer since the fatalities per passenger mile have dropped so precipitously.

You mean like when the government ordered that bumpers must withstand
an impact of 5 mph crash into a parked vehicle of the same weight?
Which isn't applicable to SUV's, minivans, or pickups trucks; only
passenger cars. Apparently trucks and vans never crash.

But of course, that was a stupid law imposed in 1971. More thoughtful
folks amended it in 1982 (for 1983 model year) and reduced it.

John, my wife's older Keo tells her if a tire is low. Is that by government edict? My car warns me if my gas is getting low so that I won't run out on the freeway. Was that a government edict? We are getting small sedans not only swerving in front of tractor trailers but being struck so hard that they are doing multiple roll-overs with the cars totally unrecognizable afterwards and NO INJURIES to the passengers. What are the government edicts? You have to wear your seatbelts.

If you don't know the business don't make your comments as you usually do. It is almost entirely the automotive industry that is improving auto safety.. This is especially important as vehicles become less and less metal. On my smashed up 1999 Ford it appears that the only steel on it is the frame which is bent so badly that one wheel is so high that it isn't touching the ground. There is no damage at all in the passenger compartment. The SUV that struck my car hardly appeared to have any damage beyond the broken right front bumper.

The airbags deployed so the engine automatically turned off to prevent fires.

Living in a backward country apparently makes you think that the entire world is that way. Oh, wait, you think that the medical science in Thailand is as good as the USA. After all you only need 10% of the doctors.