Old April 23rd 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default Surly Long Haul Trucker: Anybody Over 6'5" Got One?

Per Jay Beattie:
BTW, I find that in these days of long seat posts and stems with
rise, the seat tube length is almost the least of my worries. It is
the other dimensions -- TT length, headtube height, seat tube angle
and seat set back, etc. that make the difference to me.

Actually, since taking up MTB as my primary ride, I've come to
like a good bit of seatpost showing.

My main concerns are cockpit length (not too long, yet enough
room for my size fifteens to not contend too much with the front
wheel) and handlebar height.

I don't have any overt injuries, but if my bars aren't right
around seat height, I'm just not comfortable.

Here's my current bread-and-butter bike - that fits me better
than any bike I've ever owned except maybe for a 26" Fuji
10-speed a loooong time ago: http://tinyurl.com/c2boe4

One fantasy I have is translating that frame's dimensions into a
rigid diamond frame. Maybe in the form of something like
SyCip's Diesel (http://www.sycip.com/Pages/diesel.html)
--
PeteCresswell