Old August 3rd 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Default I think we need a smarter president

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
... [...]

[newsgroups trimmed]

Human progress is continuous despite the misguided efforts of some
conservatives to prevent it and to keep us trapped in the
Eisenhower Years.

Those were golden years following our victories in W.W.II. It has
been all downhill ever since. America is being eroded and destroyed
by multiculturalism. I blame liberalism for all our woes. Yea, we
will never see such a golden age again as those Eisenhower years.

The Golden Age was document on TV in such classics as "Father Knows
Best." Unfortunately the reality of those Golden Years was rather
different, but conservatism likes its sepia colored glasses.

Human progress is anything but continuous. I have never read anything
so asinine in my life.

Cheers to you too, Ed (and fellow Minnesotan). You fail to understand
that history has controlling trends, and that conservatism is constantly
fighting a rearguard action that it is doomed to lose. That you choose
to blame liberalism for all our woes just shows that you're an idiot.

Tim,

You seem to have overlooked the possibility that Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate
is not an idiot, but merely incorrigible provocateur.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Impact is not a synonym of affect or effect