Old August 3rd 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Raptor

Default Blame Bush

David L. Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:14:52 +0000, R Brickston wrote:

The question would be, why are there no new refinieries being built?

The environmentalists won't allow it.

It's amazing the power that these "environmentalists" hold. I'm confused,
though. I thought the Republican Party had both houses of the U.S.
Congress, along with the White House. In addition, they hold most
governorships and many state legislatures. How and where is it that these
evil "environmentalists" hold so much power? Or are the Republicans
"environmentalists"?

The evil environmentalists can't stop a refinery from being built. Only
in certain areas.

Oil companies haven't built any new refineries because environmental and
other regulations make new refineries "unprofitable."

Their profits are, of course, breaking records.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,