Old May 24th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default How can I blacken stainless steel spokes?

someone wrote:
gravity and magnetism are magic. I'll use magic if it will help.

Still Just Me wrote:
Reasons for those forces are unknown, all we have are theories on how
they work. So, magic, God, take your pick - just be sure to pre-stress
your spokes so that the spoke God won't be offended.
Back to CERN now to spend a few billion more to collide some particles
that were never supposed to collide here on Earth and see if the magic
wears off.

someone wrote:
What gave you the idea there's a spoke god?

Still Just Me wrote:
It's in the Bible. Ezekiel saw the wheel, way up in the air.

Frank Krygowski wrote:
And it apparently had no broken spokes, or Zeke would have mentioned
them.

Wheels = Ezekiel
For Spoke see Zarathustra

--